Over a Dozen Short Films, One Low Price!
Thursday, August 30th at the Kentucky Theatre
Silent Auction at 6:30 pm,
Film Showings begin at 7:00 pm
The Kentucky Conservation Committee will be hosting the Wild & Scenic Film Festival, Thursday, August 30th at the Kentucky Theatre in Lexington. Come for two hours of exciting outdoor adventure short films, and silent auction sponsored by the Kentucky Conservation Foundation. Over a dozen short films for one low price!
And Thanks to our local Wild & Scenic Sponsors!
6:30 Doors open, Silent Auction Begins
- Please feel free to explore the KCF Silent Auction and place bids (bidding concludes at end of Intermission break)
- Explore National Sponsor and Local Sponsor tables
- Sarah Lynn Cunningham, KCC President, Lane Boldman, KCC Executive Director
- Door Prize drawing #1
7:10 Wild & Scenic Films Part 1
- (unofficial) History of the National Parks
- Love of Place – Exploring the Beauty of the Desert Rivers
- A Letter to Congress – The Importance of Wilderness
- Brothers of Climbing – Diversity and Climbing Adventure
- Nowhere – Southern Oregon’s South Kalmiopsis region
- Conservation Generation – Young farmers and ranchers in the Wild West
- Where the Wild Things Play – Women BASE jumpers and more!
- Door Prize drawing #2
- Auction Last Call. Final bids conclude at end of intermission.
Wild & Scenic Films Part 2
- Imagination: Tom Wallisch – A Ski Fantasy
- Life Coach – A first ascent of Alaska’s Ruth Gorge
- Every Bend – A tale of Wild Rivers
- Lost in Light – Featuring the California night sky
- Standing Tall – Featuring wild lands of the Appalachian Trail
- Sky Migrations – The wonder of raptor migration
- Wildlife and the Wall – The harsh environment of the Rio Grande and Wildlife
- The Land We Live In – A Brooks Range adventure
9:45 Film fest concludes. Auction winners pick up their items.
…and…a Silent Auction!
This film event will also include a special Silent Auction sponsored by the Kentucky Conservation Foundation.
Items to date include:
- Gift Basket courtesy of Buffalo Trace Distillery
- Assorted Products courtesy of Weisenberger Mills, Midway
- Gift Baskets from Ale-8-One
- Photo Matted Print of Vanhook Falls by Pharham Baker Photography
- Native Plant Gift Basket by Michler’s Florist and Garden Design, Lexington
- Gift Certificate from DryArt Salon & Blow-dry Bar, Lexington
- Four Day Passes from LEFclimbing climbing studio in Lexington.
- Five Passes to CycleYou Cycling Studio in Lexington
- Gift Basket from Laura’s Mercantile and Mt. Molly Farm in Winchester
- Gift Certificate from ArtPlay Children’s Studio in Lexington
- From Bluegrass Wildcatter Association: 1 year membership to BWA,
Parking pass for Elkhorn Creek river access, 2 free kayak roll sessions with gear included
- More to come!!
…plus…a chance to win raffle items!
Each attendee has a chance to win raffle items listed below and more! KCC members: Bring a friend to the festival, and you both receive an extra chance to win!
Logowear from: Sierra Nevada Pale Ale • Earthjustice • Patagonia • Clif • Klean Kanteen