Nearly a Dozen Short Films, One Low Price!
Thursday, August 17th at the Kentucky Theatre
Silent Auction at 6:30 pm,
Film Showings begin at 7:00 pm
The Kentucky Conservation Committee will be hosting the Wild & Scenic Film Festival, Thursday, August 17th at the Kentucky Theatre in Lexington. Come for two hours of exciting outdoor adventure short films, and silent auction sponsored by the Kentucky Conservation Foundation. Nearly one-dozen short films for one low price!
6:30 Doors open, Silent Auction Begins
- Please feel free to explore the KCF Silent Auction and place bids (bidding concludes at end of Intermission break)
- Explore National Sponsor and Local Sponsor tables
- Sarah Lynn Cunningham, KCC President, Lane Boldman, KCC Executive Director
- Door Prize drawing #1
7:10 Wild & Scenic Films Part 1
- Leave it As it Is – A portrait of the Grand Canyon
- The Important Places – Discovering our American Rivers
- Ace and the Desert Dog – A 60 Day Backpack through the Utah Wilderness
- Boundaries – A photographic testimony on the effects of man-made barriers on nature
- Wild New Brave – A climbing adventure with rare historical footage
- The New Environmentalist: The Last Resort – Exploring Puerto Rico’s costal lands
- Parker’s Top 50 Things about Northwest Rivers – Fun in Nature through a child’s eye
- Door Prize drawing #2
- Auction Last Call. Final bids conclude at end of intermission.
Wild & Scenic Films Part 2
- Diversity and Inclusion in our Wild Places – Bringing more communities to the outdoors
- Defined by the Line – Climbing in Bear’s Ears Wilderness and the environmental threats
- The Last Dragons – A short film on Appalachian Hellbenders and their streams
- Paul’s Boots – A touching story of the Appalachian Trail
9:45 Film fest concludes. Auction winners pick up their items.
…and…a Silent Auction!
This film event will also include a special Silent Auction sponsored by the Kentucky Conservation Foundation.
Items to date include:
- Gift Basket courtesy of Buffalo Trace Distillery
- Assorted Products courtesy of Weisenberger Mills, Midway
- Gift Baskets from Ale-8-One
- Native Plant arrangement from Michler’s Greenhouse, Lexington
- Artisan Gemstone Beaded Necklace, courtesy of Vicki Holmberg
- A selection of hiking, backpacking and fly fishing books by local author Valarie Askren
- A gift certificate to Atea Salon, Lexington
- Basket of salon products from Hair Razors Salon, Lexington
- Two gift certificates of a bike tune up from Bicycle Face Bikes in Lexington.
…plus…a chance to win raffle items!
Each attendee has a chance to win raffle items listed below and more! KCC members: Bring a friend to the festival, and you both receive an extra chance to win!
Logowear from: Sierra Nevada Pale Ale • Earthjustice • Patagonia Clif • Klean Kanteen • Keene Footwear Discounts
Thanks to our Major Sponsors!
Thanks to in-kind and Silent Auction Sponsors!
Cumberland Chapter Sierra Club
Buffalo Trace Distillery, Frankfort
Weisenberger Mills, Midway
Ale 8 One, Winchester
Michler’s Florist & Greenhouse, Lexington
Republic Bank & Trust
Atea Salon, Lexington
Hair Razors Salon, Lexington
Bicycle Face Bikes, Lexington
Don Dott, Vicki Holmberg, Valarie Askren