Land and Water Conservation & Stewardship
The Kentucky Conservation Committee has a rich history in land and water conservation. We were key in addressing Kentucky’s Scenic Easement legislation, the formation of the Purchase of Agricultural Easements (PACE) Program and strengthened Kentucky’s Wild River act among many of our accomplishments. we have been a watchdog for Kentucky’s land and water protection for over forty years.
We helped to develop the State Task Force for Land Stewardship and Conservation which led to the Conserve Kentucky initiative that continues to this day. If you are interested in learning more about our land and waters work, please email us.
- Support Nature Preserves, Op-Ed,
Lane Boldman, Louisville Courier-Journal, May 1, 2015
- Shrinking Funds Making it Difficult to Preserve Kentucky’s Natural Areas, Op-Ed, Lane Boldman, April 7, 2015
- State Budget Raids Kentucky Nature License Plate Fund, Louisville Courier-Journal, Feb. 15, 2015
- Kentucky Tries to Connect Conservation Islands,
Louisville Courier-Journal, June 9, 2013
Information about Land Conservation relating to the 2018 Farm Bill:
- Land Trust Alliance on the 2018 Farm Bill
- USDA Page on the 2014 Farm Bill
- American Forest Foundation Farm Bill Info
- The Nature Conservancy information on the Farm Bill
- Environmental and Energy Study Institute info on the Farm Bill