Intern With Us!
Be a part of the action! The Kentucky Conservation Committee, one of Kentucky’s longest-running environmental collaboratives, has a robust internship program for students, recent graduates, and life-long learners with an interest in the areas of climate change, conservation, clean energy, sustainability, political science and more, in order to introduce you to the skills needed for working in the non-profit industry.
We are currently seeking candidates for our Spring/Summer 2019 Internship Program. This season we are offering internships encompassing several program areas: Land conservation, outdoor recreation, biodiversity, clean energy, state policy and voter engagement with tasks involving research, data management, public relations, organizing, media and more. Timeframe is flexible.
- The Kentucky Conservation Committee, a state-based 501(c)4 organization founded in 1975, seeks dynamic, self-starters interested in learning about non-profit administration and conservation issues, to assist with a wide range of areas which may include research, development, marketing, event support, and relationship management efforts. This internship is an excellent opportunity to experience various aspects of non-profit administration while working for an exciting, change-making organization.
- Flexible, anticipate 2-3 days/week
- Minimum 10 hrs/week, working either remote/online or in our Frankfort, KY office.
- College or graduate level students, recent graduates, or professionals looking to change careers
- Proficiency in MS Office or Google suite
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail
- Outgoing personality with outstanding interpersonal skills
- Interest in making a real difference in the state, engaging in high-level conservation projects
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Duties and responsibilities will vary from day to day and are flexible dependent on skills, however, possibilities include the following:
- Help plan and facilitate media and/or public events
- Assist with recruitment efforts to expand the KCC network and assist with data entry
- Research current trends within the three primary campaigns: Land Conservation/Outdoor recreation, Biodiversity/Biology and Clean Energy/Climate
- Contribute to social media and website content
- Assist with events that may occur locally and help recruit volunteers
- This is an unpaid/volunteer internship, however there is a possibility of future grant funding
Please a send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line “Summer Internship”